My Weight Loss Journey

Alright!!! Like every other college going student I was enjoying my life roaming around with friends , eating loads of junk food without being conscious or aware what exactly was happening to my body I never felt that I'm overweight until it reached a point where everyone started commenting , teasing , humiliating me from friends to neighbors to strangers.

I had to do something about it and made up my mind to start my fitness journey for my own good.Before this there were a lot of times when I tried to loose weight and I failed miserably or simply lost interest but this time I wanted to make it as my lifestyle.I started to do a lot of research on food and workouts , information that is easily available on the internet.

Following are the first major change that I brought up in my lifestyle 
  • Cut down junk food completely.
  • Stop eating outside frequently.
  • Cut down on sugar intake.
  • Started having cumin seeds soaked water with honey and lemon ,this helps in detoxing your body.
I had made a very firm decision that I'm not going to join gym or spend money to lose my weight. A lifestyle change is a very challenging affair but with sheer determination it is achievable. They say anything that you take up for 21 days will turn into an aspect to which you will always get back to, that's what happened with me I challenged myself to follow a regime for 21 days .You tube was really handy for me in this journey I downloaded a lot of workout videos(zumba , aerobics , strength training , cardio workouts)which I follow even today at home.

With the diet change I started working out 15 minutes a day initially and 30 minutes of jogging. I started to see a lot of changes in me , it even built-up my confidence level. Then I increased the workout time gradually, 1 hour of workout and 30 minutes of jogging along with eating clean I started to lose weight in no time the result which was evident in front of my eyes made me not to give up.

It's very important to do a research before you take up a regime, on your current food habit and what changes to be made once you are aware of what really is making you to put on weight it'll be easier for you to cut down on it and take up healthy eating routine, along with the food diet you'll have to workout at least 5 days a week initially to see the difference. In the earlier stages you will be able to lose weight very fast until you reach a saturation point where it gets really hard to lose weight, that's when you have to change your exercise pattern.

I took up this very seriously and started this journey in the month of August 2013 after 3 months of research and within a year I lost 21 kilos, was 78 kg during my graduation and that's been my heaviest.It's become my lifestyle now been working out for 4 years now and I'm addicted to it and can easily read my body when something is wrong in my food intake or when I'm not working out enough.

This lifestyle change has boasted my confidence level tremendously and I'm able to maintain the ideal weight for the past 4 years. All that you need is a mind set to accomplish it :)


The photo towards the right was on my 2013 graduation day and the left photo was taken on 2014 :)


This photo was taken on  April 2017 :)






























Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Pregnancy Testimony!!!

Our Trip To Thailand